Monday, August 8, 2011

And I think to myself, What a WONDERFUL World......

Sister Leavitt makes Monday's soo fun!  we may have to send BIG Daddy to Russia to check out what is going on.   Thank goodness for Missionary Monday!

Hello everyone! Hahaha, I just have to tell you that sometimes when I write that I wonder who everyone is and if "everyone" even reads these emails. But even if they don't I have fun writing them! So this week was a crazy week. Last Monday was normal though. We just had family night and taught a lesson about Lehi's dream which of course turned into a huge discussion about soccer and if watching soccer is good or bad. I ended that debate by telling them that I love watching soccer, so if that's a sin I guess I'm in big trouble. :) Our members here are so funny. Okay, one other funny thing about last Monday, We had an investigator who was supposed to come so I called him about ten minutes before had to see if he was still coming, but he said he wasn't and then he asked me out on a date to go swimming... it was an interesting phone call and needless to say we didn't call him after that. Also one of our other investigators texted us last night and asked me to marry him. He was serious about it too... I didn't text him back, but I just thought I would tell you that this isn't the first time! I am getting so sick of it! I don't want to get married I want to teach the gospel! So that's what I always tell people when they ask us if we can go out and drink with them or go dancing... Okay that has nothing to do with the missionary work that we did this week, but it was just and interesting side note to my week. So in other news...

Sister Tunney got transfered this week to Rostov, and that means that 1: I stayed at the Norrungs appartment for two days this week, it was fun because I got to help them plan and get ready for their girls camp and I loved it! And 2: this also means that I have a new companion! And she is so wonderful! She has already taught me so much about how to be a better missionary. She is so good at listening to people and really helping them. She investigated the church for a long time before she got baptized because she felt like the missionaries just had a check list and they just wanted to put a check next to baptism. So she does such a good job at really listening and answering people's questions. For example:  On Thursday night we had a meeting with our FAMILY!! And at the end of the lesson Alexander asked about baptism and what it really means, I answered him by saying that when we are baptized we make a covenant with God that we want to and we will always keep his commandments... I can't remember what else I said, but it led to receiving the holy ghost and then Katya had a question about how we do that and Sister Undozyoriva explained it so wonderfully and by the end the spirit was so strong that Katya was about crying and so was I. So, in short, we are having a wonderful time serving together and I love her so much!

Well, that's all for now, I wish you luck in the upcoming week and I hope all of you who are about to start school are so excited!

I Love YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment