Monday, August 15, 2011

This little Light of Mine

Well, another FUN letter from Sister Leavitt.  Enjoy and have a great week. 

Holy Moly!   This was such a wonderful week in Russia!!! We had such a busy and crazy week, and I can't even believe that it's Monday again already! I was thinking about how I used to hate Mondays in high school because they were the first day of the week and all I wanted to do was sleep, and now I love Mondays becasue they're P-Day and that means I get to take a nap and do fun things! But what am I saying? Everyday as a missionary is fun! So this week I have some good stories for you. So we had a lesson with Alexander and Katya this week and it was the funniest thing of my whole life, so he came to pick us up from the bus stop and we were driving along and his tire blew out! Yep, sure did, so we helped him change it and we were on our way again and then we got to their house and Katya had so many questions because she had been studying English that day and she wanted to know about the word  “THE”... I don't even understand that word and how to explain when to use it. So by the time we got to the lesson we had like 20 minutes and then the lesson ended up being like 40, so that's fine, but then we got back in the car to go back and the battery was dead, so they charged it for like 10 minutes and pumped up the spare tire a little because it was going flat, and then we were on our way. By the time we got to the bus stop it was like 9:10 and we waited and waited for a Marshootka, but none ever came, so we had to take a taxi and we didn't get home until after 10... yep, crazy lesson, but it went well.Then on Saturday we were supposed to have a sports day in the Center branch and then a music night after that, so we got all ready to go and went to go wait for a bus to center, we waited, and waited and waited and after one hour of waiting a bus finally came and then, because of traffic, it took another hour to get to center. So we got to the branch building an hour late and no one was there!! That was weird, so we called the elders and the other people in charge and they let us know that the sports activity had been cancelled. So we called our investigators and told them not to come. Then we just went to McDonalds and had lunch with the Elders because we still had music night and there wouldn't be enough time to go all the way home and then back. Music night was so much fun! Our investigators came and I sang a song, so did some of the members and all of the missionaries sang a song together too. It was  a ton of fun and made up completely for the long day of waiting. But other than all of that nothing too exciting happened this week. Oh, one of the less active members that we have been working with came to church yesterday, so that was very exciting! And today we are going to Mamaev Koorgan... Which is like the Russian Statue of Liberty, so I'm pretty excited about that and I'll send some pictures next week! well, I love my life, and I love you!!!

Sister Leavitt


No comments:

Post a Comment