Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane....

Her last email does not disappoint.  I wish I could have been a fly at the honey festival to see her dancing!  So she will be home next week and her mission chapter will end, but she is ready to start writing her next story!  Thanks for all the support and love over the past few years with our missionaries.  ~ Mamma K


"The time has come" the walrus said, "to speak of many things."  So this week was so crazy good!!! The honey festival was this week, so that was exciting. I don't know if I have ever told you, but Russians love love love their honey, really it's crazy. So this festival is just all of these booths with people selling honey of all varieties. I never even knew that so many existed before! So on Saturday we were walking through the honey festival because it was on our contacting route and there was live music and dancers, so of course we couldn't help ourselves and started to dance just a little too and then out of nowhere this news reporter comes over and asks to interview us and all I could say, out of pure surprise is, "uhhh, well we're missionaries and we're from America..." thinking he would change his mind about interviewing us, but he just says, "COOL! That's prefect, so we want to do the shot over here with... " And then I cut him off and told him that we couldn't really do that. He was a little disappointed, but soon found someone else to help him. It was so funny. So we just contacted through the festival, and then out of it and then a little while later we looped back and the elders just so happened to be there and they were watching a dance and the dancers were getting people from the crowd to dance with them and the elders really wanted to, so the just jumped right in there and danced with all these old Russian women. It was so funny. I love Russia and all of their crazy traditions and dances and holidays.

So now I must tell you about the highlight of our Saturday. (FYI: this was right before we went through the honey festival) So we were contacting, like I already said, and we stopped this woman and she actually stopped and was interested! That was the first miracle! Then we started to tell her about the book of Mormon and about Christ and she was still interested!! Then we asked her for her number, and she gave it to us!!! Then she accepted a Book of Mormon!!! It was so wonderful. It was a miracle that day because we had been teaching people on the streets, but none of our lessons were really going anywhere and no one has been really interested in a while, and so we were getting a little down about that, so to have someone actually be interested was just such a refreshing change and just made my heart so happy! So we are going to call her tonight and hopefully start meeting with her and I am so excited!!!

Also yesterday at Church we had two investigators there! One that we have been working with for a while and one that just became our investigator this week. The Lord truly blessed us this week and my heart is just so happy about that!!

Besides this our week was just work as normal, well with a few extra trips to the store to pick of a few items of interest, because, in case you have forgotten, I am coming home in one week!!!!!! So, that's pretty exciting. I'm really excited actually. I have loved my mission, and still love it in fact, but I am so excited to live my life. I feel like coming on a mission has changed me so much and I am so excited to use all of these things and lessons that I have learned in my life now. I am sad to leave these people and have to say goodbye, but the happy part of the story is that we will see each other again, if not in this life, then in the next one. I love these people and they will forever be in my heart. They are the reason that I have changed so much. They have taught me what it means to be a saint to be a true disciple of Christ. And I know that it is only through this church, this one and true living church of God that we receive the saving ordinances that we need to be able to return back to live in our Heavenly Father's presence. It's all so clear to me right now. And I love my mission, these people and my Savior for teaching me these things over the past year and a half.

Well, until I see you then.

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment