Thursday, April 14, 2011

Faith and Trust and Pixie Dust!

When you hop into your nice warm shower this week, be thankful you have a shower...Poor Sister Leavitt has to live without a shower for 4-days.  She recieved her Easter package I sent her, who would have thought a new Easter skirt would be the best gift ever?  I guess living in the same clothes for 6-months you would appreciate something new.  Enjoy her letter this week  ~Mamma K

Well, this week was new and exciting! So on Monday Sister Cunningham came to work with us for a few days while her companion went on a visa trip, so that was exciting because we got to work with four sisters and that is just like my very own special treat. We split up and went contacting and I went with Sister Cunningham and she is a fire cracker. She's brand spankin new in russia, but even though she doesn't understand anybody she would just start testifying! She's so cool. So then on Wednesday I got sick and our mission mom made me stay home... kind of boring, but I made some soup and pancakes, so that was fun. On Thursday I went on a Visa trip to Ukraine where we ate really good pizza and I got to pee in a hole in the ground which is always exciting. Mostly that day consisted of a lot of bus riding. We rode on the bus for 10 HOURS!!! But it was fun because I just talked to the other missionaries that I hadn't seen for a while the whole time. Then on Friday I was super sick. I think probably becaue of the 10 hours spent on a bus the day before, so I slept the whole day on friday. I woke up for a little bit and watched a church movie and then I slept more. Then Saturday my companion Sister Labaron was sick, so we stayed in most of the day again. Sunday we watched a little general conference and taught a lesson to our investigator Sergei who is a dancer and then the day was over. The End. What a week. I kind of felt lazy by Sunday night and I am so excited to get out and work my skirt off this week. The zone leaders called last night to let us know that they are coming on splits tomorrow, so that should be fun. OH! One bit of exciting news! They are turning our water off today and it won't be back on until Thursday... and that's for the whole city of Tagonrog, so this should be one interesting and smelly week... bahah! But I'm excited for it. Oh, update on Karina because I don't think that I've given on update recently. So she is doing good, but she won't commit to baptism because she has already been baptized and she thinks that our church is wonderful and everything, but she also thinks her church is too. So that's where we are. Makes my heart a little sad, but I'm not giving up because the first time I met her I said outloud afterwards that she would get baptized someday and I wanted to be there when she did. So that's the plan still. Well okay, I think that's it. I'll let you know how this week goes with no water. And when you turn on the warm water this week to take a shower, just think of Sister Leavitt and how she doesn't get to take a shower until Thursday...  I love you all!!

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment