Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm a block of Wood?

Russia does things a little different when it comes to death.  But that is all just part of the adventure, Right?  Enjoy her letter this week, and I actually posted it on the day it came, now that is a first.  :)


Holy Moly! What an amazing strange week. We have been so busy and having so much fun this week. So to start things off I just have to tell you a funny story. So our next door neighbor died two days ago and when people die here they just leave the body in the house for a few days and everyone they ever knew comes to visit them. So all day today their door has been open and there's just this dead lady laying in the living room and all of these flowers everywhere. Bahahaha! This shouldn't be so funny, but for some reason it just seems so funny to me. Okay, that's all. So I got two new companions this week and they are both so amazing! We laugh so hard together!   Okay, another funny story, so we were teaching our investigator Elena this week, who by the way has a baptismal date, anyways so we were just talking to her about how her Book of Mormon reading was going and she said she just finished the story about Nephi going back to get the plates from Laban and then being commanded to kill him because it was better that he die than everyone suffer. Then she told us this story about how her son used to do horrible things and he was hurting so many people and when he was doing those things she told her daughter that she just wanted to cut off his head so that a lot of people didn't have to suffer and after she read that in the book of mormon she said, "look! God commanded him to do what I wanted to do!" Baha! Talk about applying the scriptures to yourself. But don't worry, she didn't kill him and she said that he's been doing a lot better lately. And also we told her that killing people is bad. haha, she's so funny! Anyway, there are some funny stories to make your day a little bit better! I don't know what else to say, Oh, okay. One more funny thing. I guess I have been losing a little weight while I've been here because my mission president said, and I quote, "Wow, Sister Leavitt, Looks like the mission has been doing good for you." Bahah! oh my he cracks me up. I wish you could all just meet him. Well that's all. I love you all and hope you had a great general conference weekend! Talk to you next week!

Love Always,

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment