Friday, June 24, 2011

Did you hear there is a rumor in St. Petersburg????

Here is Sister Leavitt's email for this week.  She is being transfered and excied, yet nervous!

 Hey hey hey hey! This week has been so good, but I have exciting news that happened at the end of the week and it's so exciting that I can't wait until the end of the email to tell you all! I am getting transferred for the first time!!! I'm so nervous excited and sad all at the same time! Nervous because I've only ever served in Tagonrog the entire time I've been in Russia and so I don't really know anything or anywhere else. Excited because I've only served in Tagonrog the entire time I've been in Russia and I want to see more of it and meet more of the people, and Sad because I've only served in Tagonrog the entire time I've been in Russian and I've made such good friends here and I don't want to leave them. So I leave on Wednesday morning and go to Rostov, then at 4 pm I get on a train and ride it for 12 hours until I arrive in Volgograd! Yikes! I will be serving with Sister Tunney! I don't know too much about her yet, but next week I will tell you all about her. I am going to miss Tagonrog so much! Yesterday they had me talk in sacrament meeting and I almost started crying, and some of the members did too, but what can I say, after spending 6 months somewhere you just get attached to each other. But in other news this week.... On Thursday we celebrated Kandace's birthday by eating this delicious chocolate cake that we made in our oven that now works! It was also Sister Kuhn's year mark of being on a mission, so we celebrated that too. We met this such cool lady when we were contacting this week. Her name is Tatyana and I love her. We talked to her for about a half an hour about everything. She said to us and I quote, “I have seen the blessing of the lord in my life when I keep the 10 commandments, does your church really keep them?” it was so cool because of course we really do keep them. She says she has just been associated with other churches that don't exactly practice what they preach, but the bummerest part is that she didn't want to give us her number because she wanted to read more about us first to find out if this was worth her time. And she didn't come to church yesterday! Bummer times ten! But I think she would be golden if she would come and start learning more, I'll be praying for her. Well that was my week. I love you!!!! Until next week. Toodles.

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment