Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Do the BEST you can then leave the rest to HIM!

Wow...such a great email this week.  Love Sister Leavitt's inspirational stories.

This week in my life was quite amazing! So I have a cool story. On Thursday we went on splits, or as Cameron would say C.S.P., most missions don't allow sisters to go on splits with elders, but in my mission we're allowed to. One sister goes with two elders and then that's how we do it. So we did this on Thursday and at the end of the day I was working with Elder Hansen and Elder White. Elder Hansen has been here for 6 weeks less than I have and Elder White has only been here for about a month. So we were going to teach this lesson, just the three of us, and this meant that out of everyone I spoke the most Russian. YIKES!!! But I just told myself that it would be okay and then prayed like crazy. So the lesson turned out to be amazing. I ended up teaching most of it, but the Elders did so well and they taught so much. They were amazing! So I learned that if we trust in the Lord and then go and do, he will help us. If we are working to do his will in our lives, of course we will succeed, because he will be helping us every step of the way. When we gain the confidence of the Lord by having faith and trusting in him, he will guide us to do his work and will always. ALWAYS. Yesterday we taught this lesson to this lady on the street. She started telling us about how she is all alone and how she has no one and nothing to have hope in. Her husband and her children have all died and now she is living with this lady who is a drunk. When she was telling us this story she started crying and I almost started crying too because I can't imagine how hard this life has been for her. We tried to give her a book of mormon, but she didn't take it because she said that her eyes are too bad so she can't read it. Then we told her to come to church on Sunday and we asked her if we could do anything to help her. She told us that she didn't want people to help her because her whole life she has been the one to help people. My heart just aches for her because I don't know what to do to help her. I hope that soon she will realized that through Christ we find hope, joy, and reason for life. I know that her life has beeh hard, but it could be so much better with Christ. Anyways, I just felt like telling you this story because this lady's story really touched my heart and gave me insight and so maybe it will do the same for you. And so, our week was so great!! We had fun working in people's gardens here and doing service and just talking to people on the streets and helping our members! One of our members has been sick lately so we went and visited her last night. Her cat just had kittens and they are so cute! I'm really not a cat person, but seeing these small baby kittens my have changed my mind... Well, that's all. I hope that you are all doing well and I will talk to you next week!


Love,

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment