Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Two Wrongs Don't make a RIGHT!

All I can say about this email is that "Everyday's a Holiday with Scrumptious"!  Love her emails, and sorry this is a week late being posted.  ~ Mamma K

So two wrongs don't make a right, but double negatives make a properly formed Russian sentence. For instance, if I want to say that I have never been to DisneyLand I would say it like this: I have never not been to DisneyLand. It's so weird, but I secretly love it because I could never say double negatives in English or else everyone would get mad, but here I get to do it all the time because you're allowed! HURRAY FOR LIFE!!! So this week in the life of myself was quite interesting. We went to the park by the sea on Friday and drew the plan of salvation with the other sisters working in Tagonrog. It was a ton of fun and a lot of people were interested and stopped to see what we were doing and then we got to tell them about the plan of salvation! So we were just talking to people and having fun when all of the sudden this old lady comes over and starts yelling at us for talking to people. This boy, who was 11, was talking to us because he wanted to pracitce a little bit of English and she started pushing his bike away. So the boy rode away and the old lady kept yelling at us and then she said that she was going to get the police because there was a police station not far away and she stormed off. Then the little boy came back and said, "You guys better get out of here because everythings going good and then, BOOM, the cops come and it's over." It was so cute, but we did leave because it was time for us to go home for the night anyways. So there's you funny story for the week. We taught some really good lessons on the street this week. One was to this guy name Maxime. He's cool he's atheist, but when he was talking to us he was so intrigued by what we were saying and so we have an appointment to meet with him tomorrow! Oh, one more thing that I just remembered that I wanted to say is that, well do you know that cotton stuff that flies around in the air during the spring sometimes in utah? Well, they have that here too, except all of their trees must be that kind of tree because when you walk outside it feels like it's snowing and you can't breathe too deep or else you'll get one of those cotton things sucked right up into your nose, just so you know. Well I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Love,

Sister Leavitt

P.S. LEXI!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!! Momma K told me that you found a job! Hurray! All of your wildest dreams are coming true! I can't wait to hear all about it! I'm so proud of you! Also I just had this weird moment where I felt funny because you are all grown up now! How did this happen? You're going to have a big person job soon! Crazy! I love you my Lexi Loueez!

No comments:

Post a Comment