Friday, October 28, 2011

I had a dream once!

Sister Leavitt sure makes life FUN.  Wouldn't you just love to be her companion?  Enjoy!

Holy moly!!! What a week! I have to say that this week was pretty amazing! Yep, it sure was. I loved it. We taught a lot of lessons this week, and as a missionary, teaching lessons is what I love doing the most, so that means it was a good week! We have been working with the cutest Grandma of one of our members. I love her so much! Her name is Zoya. She has been through so much in her life and has had so many tragedies, but she is just so spry and as lively as ever. Her husband died a while ago as well as her two children. She always just says, "I am alone." But she does have one fantastic granddaughter who has been helping her and giving her hope. We taught her the plan of salvation this week and she told us about a cool experience she had once when she saw her husband after he died and he was young and he didn't say anything to her, he just looked at her and she has never been able to forget that. She loves him so much still and she was so happy to hear about our lives after this one and what will happen to us. Oh, I just love her so much. As for the other family we have been teaching, well, they are still so wonderful! We change their baptisimal date to be in three weeks. This probably means that I won't be here, but I'm still holding out. We will find out transfers on Friday. But yeah, besides those two investigators, I don't have much to tell you all about. We have been working hard and doing the Lord's work the best that we can. We just try to make people happier than we found them, and if we can do that, then at least we're helping in some small way, even if they don't want to hear more about our church.

I do have one funny story for you all. So this week we were walking home for lunch and there was this tree with really really red leaves on it and I wanted one, so I went to go pick one off and this guy walking by says, "don't partake of the fruit." It was so funny, we just all started laughing... he was only a little drunk. And God loves me. So that's good. Also we made brownies today, so that's something else. And... that's all. I love you all!

Love,

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment