Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Is that you Santa Claus?

We are always glad to hear when she is feeling better, she really hates to be sick and stuck at home.

Well Hello! It was sunny today in Volgograd Russia! And it made me so happy becaue it hasn't been sunny here in more than a week, and sometimes I just really miss the sun in the winter. So now that that's been said, let me tell you about my week. It was pretty boring, but a few really exciting things happened. Like, on Tuesday we had a meeting with one of our members and he has two birds and he just bought one of them and hadn't named her yet and so he decided to name her after me, so now her official name is Leavitt. :) Also we got to see Katya and Alexander this weeek and we sang Christmas songs with them and took some pictures and taught them a lesson and it was just fun and so that was also good. The rest of the week however was just kind of boring. Sister LeBaron and I both got some kind of stomach sickness and we were home Wednesday, Thrusday and Friday. I was so bored out of my mind that I took to deep cleaning our kitchen and living room. So our apartment is really clean now, and that's good. Friday we got transfer calls, we found out that we are both staying here in Volgograd, so that will be fun. I was actually really really really really really really disappointed when we first found out and I cried a little bit, because I just have been feeling a little trapped here in this small city so far away from everyone, but then we went to chruch on Sunday, and I felt the love and the spirit there and now I am actually really excited to be staying here and serving here for another 6 weeks over the hollidays. I feel so blessed all of the time and I just can't believe how blessed I am to be serving the members in this branch. They make my heart leap for joy everytime I see them. I wish we had chruch everyday so that i could see them all more often! Anyways, that's what happened this week. Sorry so short, but nothing really cool happens when we have to stay at home. I hope you all have a wonderful week and invite the spirit of Christ into your homes at this christmas time. Remember that He really is the reason for this wonderful season.

Love,

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment