Monday, December 26, 2011

The Best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear!

We had a wonderful Christmas being able to SKYPE on Christmas morning with Sister Leavitt, in Russia.  She looks great and still has her same crazy sense of humor.  She leaves Tuesday on her last VISA trip, so she will be home in less than 90-days.  Wow, time is flying by!
Here is Sister Leavitt with her companion having their candlelight Christmas Eve dinner.
С РОЖДЕСТВОМ!!!!!!!  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!  I hope that you all had a very merry Chirstmas. I know that we did here. This week was a little crazy because Sister LeBaron had her visa trip and that just meant that I had to stay in center with the senior couple for two days, and it also meant that we had to pack all of our meetings into the first two days of our week.... So that's how Tuesday went. Just crazy and busy and wonderful. Also on Wednesday we helped one of our members wallpaper from 11 in the morning until 8 at night with only a half hour for lunch. It was a long day, but it was worth all of the hard work because he was so happy. I forgot to take a before and after picture to show you all, but it turned out so good! So Then the rest of the week nothing that exciting happend. On Friday I went with the Neilsons to try and find a Christmas ham... that was an interesting adventure, but good news is that we found one and it was so delicious! On Saturday we had a missionary Christmas party and we ate ham and potatoes and chips and salsa and cake ( the coolest christmas cake I have ever seen that a member made for us!). We did a christmas program and read the Christmas Story together, then each companionship shared a talent or a game. For our talent I told a tongue twister.. the only one I know "A tooter that tooted the flute tried to tutor two tutors to tute. Said the two to the tutor is it harder to tute or to tutor to tuters to tute?" Then Sister LeBaron touched her nose with her tongue. It was a complete success. Also one of the Ukraniane elders sang a traditional Ukraniane song and then threw rice all over the floor... it was a complete shock and we were all laughing so hard that some of the elders were even crying. Then on Sunday we just went to church and that was fun. Then Sister LeBaron and I had a candle lit dinner. It was so fun. We made BBQ chicken and garlic potatoes and homemade rolls and broccoli. Then after dinner we got to watch ELF and then we got to call home, which was the best Christmas present of my entire life! It was so much fun to see my family and talk to them and it made me so HAPPY!!! 

Anyways, that's the news I have to share about this week. I hope that you all had a great week!

Love,

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment