Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Black Mamba

Happy New Years!  She let us know that she will be coming home on March 6th!  We even got the offical travel plans from the church, so we can't wait to meet her at 1100 PM on March 6th.  Enjoy her letter this week.  ~ Mama K

Hello! And Happy 2012!!! Can you even believe that it's a new year?!! I can't! This means that I have been in Russia for a whole year now! What the! That is so crazy! But this year was so much fun! So unbelievably hard, but so unbelievably amazing. I love my life so much. So this week was just as interesting as usual. We had to go to Rostov last Tuesday so that I could get a new visa, my last visa I might add... where has time even gone!? But the trip was so good. Everything actually went just as planned and that was like the first time ever, so I was pretty excited about that. I was also excited about the fact that I got my Christmas package when we were in the office, and that they poppysead bread was still soft! YUM! So we got back from that trip really late on Wednesday night, so after sleeping in until 8 on Thursday we got up and just worked! It was so much fun and felt so good to work because of all of the abnormalities that we have been having lately. We met this really cool lady named Lubov. She was one of my favorite people who I have ever met here! We only talked to her for about 5 minutes, but I think we could be best friends. We gave her a book of mormon and invited her to meet with us again. She was so excited to get a book of mormon because she had heard of it before and always wondered what it was about, but she was hesitant to give us her number and said that she would just come to our church on Sunday. It's always kind of a bummer when people do that because they hardly ever really come, but we always pray that they will. This Sunday being new years day, she didn't come, but we hope that she will next week. So that brings us to Friday, not much happened that day because we had to travel to center and get registered so that the police won't arrest me.. On Saturday we delivered new years gifts to people and then had to be inside by 5 before all of the partying started. That night we ate soup and worked on a puzzle, then we had a new years toast at 9:30 and went to bed... I know, I know, we're losers, but it was just the two of us and we weighed the pro's and cons and decided we would rather have the extra sleep. And let me just tell you, it was heavenly. We both put in ear plugs to block out the partying that was happening in the streets and just slepped so good. On Sunday morning we woke up at 7:30,  we then got a call at 9 from our branch president asking us to speak in church... that was fine though because there were only 14 people at church and I think they were all too tired to care too much about what we said. After church we just spent the rest of the day at home. Sunday morning was so eerie because there were maybe 3 other people when we left our apartment builing and there were hardly any cars on the road. It was crazy, but it was fine. I even got to make this really good fried chicken that I learned how to make from one of our members, so that was fun.We also finished a 1000 piece puzzle and started on another one... That's so exciting! Well, that's all the news. I hope something more productive happens this week... Well I love you all!

Love,

Sister Leavitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment