Monday, January 30, 2012

The Wheel in the Sky

Hard to believe shie is down to only 6-weeks left on her mission.  Love how she tries to explain what Uncle Ben's is below.  Enjoy!

Hello World!!

Well, what to say about this week? I think that it was pretty average, but on Tuesday Sister LeBaron and I decided to go exploring in our area. We have a pretty large area, but just not very many places to contact. Anyways... That turned out well because we found a new busy street to contact on and that's so wonderful. We met this lady who was so interested in talking with us until she found out that we were mormons... she said that she didn't like our church because of what we did to children... I'm not quite sure what we did, but she told me that there was an article about it in Reader's Digest, so yep, but she was actually really nice to us and didn't say anything mean to us at all so that's better than being rude. So anyways we also met some really cool young mothers on Tuesday, it was kind of surprising because young mothers don't usually stop and talk to us. On Wednesday we went on splits with the elders, that's always a ton of fun. We also had sports night and the elders made up some pretty... interesting games while we were there. Thursday was just a normal work day. We also had english club Thursday night and that turned out to be pretty hillarious because we did a lesson on family words and stuff and then one of our members asked about uncle ben's and I didn't know what to say,  so I was like well... uncle that's дядя and Ben is a name... and then he asked what it was exactly and I so I said, it's like a special kind of rice, because I didn't know how to say brand. Then he said, Uncle дядя Ben name, and you put them together and it means special rice? and then that is when I just started laughing uncontrollably because that is just about the funniest thing that had happend to me all day. Friday was so much fun. We had meetings with a few of our inactive members and then also we found out TRANSFERS!!!!  So we had a meeting at the time that we normally take lunch and when we got done with our appointment we had 3 missed calls from the sisters that are serving in the southern zone. So as we were walking home for lunch we called them and they were freaking out and they said, "Do you know transfers?" and we said, "No." and they said, "Well we are going to tell you then." So they told us and here it is. For my last transfer I will be serving in Krasnodar! I am so excited about this because it's the warmest place I could go! I will be serving with Sister Tunney again, which I am also pretty excited about, seeing as I love Sister Tunney. Sister LeBaron is staying in Krasnoarmaisky and two sisters are coming to serve with her, Sister Cunningham, and Sister Whitaker (she's a newby, and she will set foot on Russian soil tonight!) So We're pretty excited about our transfers. It was hard to say goodbye to Krasnoarmeisky because I have really fallen in love with that place and those people. Also Sister LeBaron and I will part ways later today. We calculated it up and we have spent 71/2 months together on our missions. We have been together so much that everyone always tells us that we are turning into each other, and it's kind of true! We always have the same thoughts at the same time and it is so creepy! I love her so much! So it will be hard to say goodbye, but she'll be home in June and she only lives about 15 minutes away, so I think it will be okay in the end. Well, so that was Friday, we did planning that night and got things all ready for the new sisters coming. (aka we finally took down all of our christmas decorations and put away our puzzles.) Saturday we had District meeting and then we were planning on hurrying home because Saturday would be the only time I had to pack, but this crazy thing happened and Elder Jacobson accidentally erased all of the 2000 pictures on Sister LeBarons camera... He felt so bad, but luckily elder Jacobson knew this trick to do in order to get all of the pictures back!!!! It was a miracle, but it took about 3 hours to get all of them back. So that was basically what we did on Saturday, but it was worth it because Sister LeBaron has so many good pictures from our mission! Well, on Sunday we just had church. That was good. Again, it was hard to say goodbye to all of those people that I love so much, but I'll always remember them and all of the lessons that I learned from them. So then after church I just had to go pack and get everything ready. Then on Monday morning Sister LeBaron and I set off for Rostov and now we're just hanging out in Rostov for a while. My train to Krasnodar leaves at 4:30 and Sister LeBaron will take a bus with everyone back to Vogograd tomorrow. Well, that's all. Mostly just a normal week in the life of a missionary. I love you all!

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment