Monday, January 16, 2012

Put One foot in front of the other.......

Sister Leavitt is a ray of sunshine on a snowy day.

Well, another week has come and gone and I can't even believe it. Time is flying by so quickly. I feel like we make all of these plans and work so hard and time just gets away from us and we never even have time to do all of the things we have planned. And this week was no different. It started off so well. We went contacting and taught 4 lessons!!!! This was our very own miracle in a way because we haven't been having success with contacting at all lately. We also talked to this really cool girl while riding in those crazy vans that we ride all over in. She was young and started talking to us because she heard us speaking english. We didn't get to talk to her for too long, but we invited her to our english club and we really are praying that she'll be there. Besides that we just met with members and inactives like crazy. We did some small service for one of our members who is older and can't get around very well. We just got some stuff off of a high shelf that she needed and helped her sweep. We got to do a musical number in Church yesterday. That was fun. And we had branch council too. I don't know if I have told you all lately, but we really do have the best members ever here. Really. I love them so much! They are so good at keeping on top of the inactives and active members and meeting their needs and trying to help them. This week one of our members called us to get the missionaries phone number in another mission because he called one of our inactive members to see how he was, and found out that he had moved, wasn't doing too great and was wanting to attend church. I LOVE OUR MEMBERS!!! So that was just a testimony builder to me of how much love God has for his children. He knows what we need and he is more than willing to give us the help that we need, but we have to ask for it. So I just would tell you, that if you need help, if you're struggling with anything, if you feel sad one day, or you can't find your keys, or you just want to see the sunshine... whatever it is. Just pray. God is listening. He cares and he will send you help and comfort and whatever else that you need. Well, that's about it for this week. Sorry it's kind of short, but I just keep forgetting what has happened... all of the days are just blurring together into one big day and it's so crazy! But, know that I love my mission so much! I love every second, even the hard and annoying ones, but especially the moments when I learn and I can help others learn too. I love you all. I wish you the best week ever.

Love,

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment