Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Three Weeks In....

Here is Sister Leavitt's email this week.  She sent us pictures and we had to scan them in to share, so  enjoy her letter and pictures!  She sure loves all of you!


Hello Everyone!

So Today is my third p-day here! Can you believe it? Three weeks have already passed! So this week I thought I would tell you about the possessed drinking fountain. By my room there is a drinking fountain that is possessed. The water pressure changes all of the time and by the time I am done filling up my water bottle my hands are soaked. So kinda crazy. This week has been so amazing! Last night I finished memorizing the first vision in Russian! It was quite an accomplishment for me. Sister Ward and I got to teach "investigators" two times this week and it was amazing. We have truly been blessed to be able to be companions. She is so amazing!

There is this Elder in my district, Elder Stanford, and he's our district leader. Last week when he was teaching an investigator they decided to have a prayer at the end of their lesson and he was saying it and going along and decided to be thankful for the two investigators. He said the first investigators name just fine, but when he got to the name of the second investigator, he couldn't remember his name. So he sat there for a minute and then said the fist name that came to his head... "Thank you for Charzard." Yep, in his prayer he called the investigator by the name of a pokemon... hahahaha! So that made for a great laugh.

I also found out this week that my departure date got changed and I will now be leaving on December 28th, so that's exciting. A whole week early than expected. I actually have mixed feelings about it because That means I have to leave Sister Ward, but I know it will be great.

This week I learned so much. Sheri Dew and M. Russel Ballard spoke to us and something that Sheri Dew said really stood out to me. She said, "God knows who you are and where you are. He knows your mission and He knows exactly what you need to complete your mission." So I just thought that she is exactly right. Our heavenly father does know each and every one of his children and he wants us to become what he know we can become. He knows us so well and he is willing to give us the tools that we need to be successful in our missions. I want to challenge all of you to get down on your knees and talk to our Heavenly Father. Tell him the desires of your heart and ask him what his feelings are for you. Ask him if you are his child. I know that if you will ask, he will tell you. He love us!

Well I hope you all had a great week! Thank you for all of the letters and support.

Until Next Week,

Sister Leavitt

                                Sister Ward and Sister Leavitt, Courtney's companion.
Courtney took this picture and then looked down at the sign "Do NOT touch the Statues"  Ooops, same ole Court!
The sisters are all pointing to the mission they are going to.  Sister Ward is going to the Ukraine, Siter Whiting and Sister Harrison are going to Russia also. 
Sister Leavitt pointing to her mission.  Soo far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment