Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving....week 5

Here is her letter this week.  In her email to me she said it is kinda strange to be so close to home at Thanksgiving and not be able to come home.  She LOVES the MTC, and she and her district have decided to try out fot the Christmas Day Talent Show, they are going to sing a Russian song.  She is excited to do that.  Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Here are some pictures that she jus sent home for you to enjoy too.

This is her district in front of the Provo Temple. 
And this is Sister Ward and Sister Leavitt at the MTC.

Hello!!!

Wow! I can't believe that it's already Thanksgiving week. This means I have been here for oh 5 weeks or something. I have had to clip my fingernails twice and I my idea of sleeping in is sleeping until 6:30 instead of 5:40. I've also grown accustomed to having to make up fun games to keep myself entertained. But most of all I have learned what I am truly grateful for. I have to say that since being in the MTC and not getting to listen to music since I've been here I am 100 times more grateful for music and I miss it so bad and I go around all day singing songs because I just want to hear music. I am also grateful for mondays because on mondays I get to make everyone's beds and it's my favorite. I get so excited. I am grateful for my family and friends who send me letter and make me feel so loved. I am grateful most of all for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the joy it brings to my life. I know that I would not be a happy camper at all if I didn't have the gospel.

Well about my week... The older districts in my zone left this week so that's exciting! The new district comes in next wednesday and I am so excited for that. We are getting 26 new missionaries but we don't know how many elders or sisters yet, so I'll let you know. Tomorrow night is the first night that sister ward and I will be speaking in all Russian when we teach... I'm kind of nervous for that, but it will be great. Also my departure date changed again to the 10th of January... Yep, so that's weird, but it will be good. I miss my first name so sister Haymond and I started calling each other Sister Hannah Haymond and Sister Courtney Leavitt just so we can hear our names. I figured out the secret to making time go fast at the MTC... All I have to do is work hard every day and then it goes by faster! Great trick. I've decided that I don't know how I'll do with the cold in russia ... I already think it's too cold here! Yikes! And last of all I heard this great quote this week..."Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the ground in the morning satan thinks 'oh crap, she's awake'", so that's my challenge to all of you this week. :) Well I love you all! Have a great thanksgiving and I'll talk to you next week!


Love,

Sister Courtney Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment