Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Never a DULL Moment....week six

Here is this weeks letter.  What a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving!  Hope that you all had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends.


Hello!!

So this past week was Thanksgiving. Elder Holland came to speak to us with his entire family. His grandkids even sang for us. It was so amazing and it made me so happy that they would spend their holiday with us at the MTC. We got to do a fun service project and I had a blast doing it. We cut out school bags for those school kits we are always collecting stuff for. I missed home a little on Thanksgiving, but there really is no other place I would rather be than here doing the Lord's work so overall it was a very splendid and happy day. Oh, that night we had a thankful fireside and a bunch of missionaries got up and said what they are thankful for. One said, "I am thankful for smiling, it's my favorite." It made me smile so much because I love smiling too! It's my favorite too!

On Saturday morning the alarm went off and I was trying to turn it off, I thought that I was facing the side of my bed that the alarm was on, but really I was facing the side of my bed that was next to a brick wall. So I smacked my head on the wall and got a huge goose egg from it, but it was funny and I helped me wake up really fast that day. They turned the Christmas lights on and I was joyous about that. Sister Ward and I took a stroll through the lights so that we could enjoy them and we sang Christmas songs as we walked along.

On Saturday I was stretching before gym and this sister in my zone, Sister Holmes, let me put my hand on her shoulder so that I wouldn't fall over and So I just thought you would want to know that the people in my zone really "support" me. Bahaha! Really though they do.

On Sunday this sister played an amazing arrangement of "I Stand All Amazed" on the piano during Relief Society. It made me realize just how amazing our Savior is and how much he has given us at this time. In am so amazed at the love and support he gives me each and every day. I know that Christ lives and loves every one of us. He has given me so much and I am so grateful for him and His atonement. I learned this week that a testimony born from the heart, with the power of the spirit is always understood. No matter what language it is given in. I have become convinced this week that I am here in the MTC not only to learn the Russian language, but more importantly, the language of the spirit. When I can learn the language of the spirit and be able to speak with it, it is then that I will truly be able to touch hearts and change lives. It takes a lot of practice and a lot of mistakes, but I know that I am slowly learning the language of the spirit. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is truly the Church of Jesus Christ and with the knowledge that we gain from this gospel we can be happy and have joy in our lives right now and throughout eternity. Our Heavenly Father loves us and I can't wait for the day when I get to live with Him again and live with my family forever. I love you all and I'll talk to you next week.


Love,

Sister Leavitt 

No comments:

Post a Comment