Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Let it Snow!

Here is her email this week.  Same ole Courtney!  We can't wait until next week to hear all about Christmas in the MTC!

HOLY MOLY!!!  Have you looked outside? have you seen all the snow? Well I don't know if there is a lot of snow where you are, but here it has been snowing nonstop since yesterday morning! Crazy! Anyway... So I was trying to think of things that happened to me this week, and I can't really remember anything. Nothing terribly exciting has happened I guess. This week I have been trying to grow closer to Christ and it's working. I love Him and all that He has done for each one of us. I was sitting in relief society this week and the speaker said, "Really, What would Jesus do?" And so I just thought that was a good though, and it reminded me of Kandace... so when you don't know what you should do, just think "Really, what would Jesus do?" and then I bet you'll be able to make a good decision.

Well if you are thinking to yourself right now, "That Sister Leavitt is such a weirdo." then it's okay, I've been a little sick this week and my head is a little bit... foggy. On Sunday there is nothing I wanted more than to run home, hop in my mom's bed, watch the Polar Express and have mama K make me some homemade chicken noodle soup. But I decided against it because I love being a missionary and I haven't even gotten to the good part of teaching yet. So I'm holding out. I'm going to Russia !! Hooray! And if all stays the same then I only have three weeks and I'm out of here! Hooray! I'm getting pretty excited about that. Three weeks is nothing.

Well here at the MTC they put up Christmas lights all around and so every night sister ward and I go strolling through them. We sing songs and laugh and talk about the day. I think that is my favorite thing i do all day. I look forward to it so much! I love Christmas time. I miss all of our family traditions and the smell of poppyseed bread cooking, but Christmas time here has proven to be good. I can't wait to see who is going to come and talk to us! I have a feeling it will be President Monson. I'm sure he heard that I'm here and so he probably wants to come see me... Okay, maybe not, but that would be pretty cool.

Oh, one last cool story. I was talking to the newer missionaries the other day and one of the elders said that he loved the feeling of the MTC because the spirit was so strong and it was like we got to live in the temple. I've always wanted to live in the temple because it is so peaceful there and I love it. So I guess the MTC is as close as I will ever get to living in the temple. And for all of you who are contemplating whether or not to serve a mission... Just think, you too could come live at the MTC and feel like you are living in the temple. Well that's all... nice story Hanzel. Well I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week. MERRY CHRISTMAS! From me to you and hugs all around! And remember, never suppress a generous thought... "Really, what would Jesus do?"

I love you!

Sister Leavitt

P.S. Bridget, I'm sending you a small something to mama k's house, so you'll have to go there and get it!... :)


1 comment:

  1. hi! My name's twinkle and I worked Oakcrest 09 with Scrumptious! I didn't realize she was still in the MTC! That's fabulous! If she's in the Provo MTC then I'm going to see her! I enter the MTC on January 5,hopefully I'll get to see her! I wasn't going on a mission when she left so I don't think she knows. I don't have an address for her, but if you want to tell her to look for me I'd love to see her when I get there! If not I'll just hope I run into her and surprise her! Scrumptious is amazing and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to know her.

    Twinkle

    ReplyDelete