Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's a Great day to be ALIVE!!! Week Seven

Here is Sister Leavitt's email for the week.  We will be out of town next week, so we will not be able to post her email next week, but then we will all get a double treat the following week, just in time for Christmas! 

Hello Everyone! 

It really is a great day to be alive! Can I just tell you all how much I LOVE Christmas time? Well let me tell you I love it just as much as I love tacos. And that's alot of love. Well this week Was wonderful. Yesterday my district and I spoke Russian ALL day! Yep, all day and it actually went well. We had new missionaries come in last week, so that was a ton of fun. Also we are getting native speakers... today. That means they are from Russia . Some of them were at breakfast this morning and I talked to them. It went okay. They could understand me but laughed a little at my "English Russian" that's what they called it. Anyway, there are 9 of them that are coming in and 2 of them are going to my mission! AND! One of them is a sister! Hooray for life! I love that I'll know a sister already when I get to Russia , I was feeling kind of lonely not having a buddy to fly with. Oh and my departure date was not changed this week... So maybe it will stay the same now.

I cannot CANNOT Believe that my dearest friend Lexi Loueez is getting married on Saturday! WHAT THE! Absolutely crazy. But I will be sending you a surprise today, so I hope you get it before you leave, if not then would my dearest friend Bridget please give it to her? That would be the best.

So last night I got a letter from my other dear friend Calamity who is serving in the England Leeds mission. In her letter she had a joke that she wanted me to say it goes like this.. "Does it smell like up Elder?" (other person) "What's up Elder?" Bahahahaha! So funny. Anyway I was telling my roommate, Sister Hannah Haymond this joke and she thought it was so funny that her nose started bleeding right there. On the spot. So I tell you this because if you want to use the up elder joke you should be aware of the consequences that could follow the above joke. Use caution and care and remember to laugh at the end if no one else is laughing.

Well in other news my district is trying out for the Christmas talent show We're going to sing a Russian Folk Song called Katiosha... I don't know how to spell it in English... But that's close. So we're going to sing that song and we made up a little dance to it. The elders love it. :) But I'm trying to work something out so that we can record it... We'll see but all of you may be the lucky viewers of this remarkable talent... Hooray!

Well that's pretty much it. I'm just doing the same old things. Oh and YES I did put the wrong zipcode on those little cards with my address... Woops! Hopefully Mama K can get the right one for you because I can't remember it right now. Also just FYI one of my teachers, Brother Delemare, is Abrielle Davies cousin... So that's pretty cool. Well Peace out A town Word to your Mother.

Love Always

Sister Leavitt

PS I am so happy! I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment