Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Joy to the World

We have been out of town, so here is last week's email.

Hello!

So this week was good. The highlight of my week started on Thursday when a maintenance worker was in my room and stepped on my glasses, which were under my bed?, and broke them. So I know that doesn't sound like good news, but it is fantastic news because on Saturday Sister Ward and I got to go to the eye doctor and pick out new glasses! Yep we got to ride in a huge van to the nearest eye doctor place and pick out new glasses, which they made right there so I got to have new glasses that very same day! Well let me tell you a little bit about my new glasses. They are brownish red on the outside and bright blue on the inside! So I look cute and kinda businessy when you look at me, but little do you know that I feel like I'm in the ocean all the time because I see bright blue all around me. It's fantastic. I had a photo shoot with them, so I 'll send some pictures. The picture printing place was broken yesterday, but I'll try to ge them to you soon.

Alright, other news... How about Russian news. I would like to take a minute and tell you about how cool Russian grammar is. First of all Reflexive verbs. I already told Sneaks all about it, but they're these cool verbs that refect back to the subject of the sentence and make it so the verb is being done to the subject of the sentence. It's kind of hard to explain. But by adding a sya to the end of a word, it makes it reflexive. It's pretty darn tootin cool. Okay, so something else funny about Russian is that sometimes if you were to put what you are saying back into English it would sound so funny, kind of cavemanish. Example: Boy tall. See they don't have words for is and are so when you take them out it sounds funny, and they don't have a word for the... So crazy, but it makes it shorter, except not really because all of their words are really long... Well one last thing. The say BOT (vot) or behold all the time. Like "Behold I saw a rabbit..." it's funny makes me laugh every time. Well then end about The Russian Language. One funny story though. This week I was practicing reading with some of the Russians and one of the Elders started laughing because I was reading like a 6 year old, but I am so old. It was funny, and true. Sometimes I feel like the kids that I used to tutor because I have no idea what's going on.... But I'm getting better and as of last week we started speaking Russian every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday all day. 

Okay, well what else... Oh, the BYU mens chorus came and performed on Sunday, it was amazing. Oh and I have the best roommates in the whole world. So on Saturday Lexi got married and I warned them that I might be a little sad on Saturday. So Sister Watts got me the best surprise ever... Mint Oreos! Yep, she asked her dad to get some for me and they all wrote me a nice letter and gave me a package of mint Oreos. It turned out to be an okay day :) Oh, and this Sunday Sister Watts and Sister Harrison and I are singing what child is this in sacrament meeting. One funny thing... What child is this in russian means what's with kid for... Bahaha! Ok...

Last little bit, as most of you know I love Christmas! Last Christmas Lexi and Bridget and I made a chain in September to count down. Of course then we thought it looked so good that we never took it down, but the point is I love Christmas. And yesterday I was thinking about Christmas and an Oakcrest song popped into my head and was stuck there all day so I thought I would share it with you..."Faith is the power that gets us thourgh each hour. Obedience is the price that brings joy to our lives, the spirit is the key that unlocks the door to eternity. And love is always in season and CHRIST is the reason." I hope that at this Christmas time you will all take a few minutes to read about Christ's life. I know that some of you don't know much about Christ or even believe in Him, but I know that He is our savior and Redeemer. I know that he is the reason. I know that Christ is our brother, and he is one of my best friends. He brings with him joy and peace and love. JOY to the world the lord has come! Merry Christmas to you all! I love you and I am so grateful to know you!  

Love,

Sister Leavitt

PS I found out that if you want to send me a package for christmas that the last day the MTC with be accepting them is the 22nd.. just so you know. Also thank you grandma White and Aunt Cheryl for your presents. I haven't opened them yet, but I can't wait to open them on Christmas morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment