Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Taco's....

Sister Leavitt's email this week made me crave mexican!  Don't worry, I will be sending her some taco seasoning very soon....afterall she LOVES tacos!


So this entire week I have had the biggest craving for tacos. I think that this is the longest I have gone without tacos in my entire life... it's so hard. I even had a dream about Cafe Rio this week... I just want mexican food so bad! But they don't even have taco seasoning or tortillas or anything! And for those of you who really know me, you know that this is a really big sacrifice. I love tacos so much. But in other news... This week was so good! It was freezing outside, but when you have a coat and thermals and boots and all your gear on you don't get too cold. My face and hands are really the only things that get super cold.

So this Saturday we met this crazy lady. She's actually amazing. She just has so much energy and is always talking so fast and running around and doing so many things at once. She talks on "cutesie" form of Russian all the time, which basically means that you end every word in "ka" it sounds so funny. But she's really nice. I think she's going to make me a new coat. She thinks that mine is too thin and that is not acceptable. She got so upset and mad at me about it. She said that she already has some white fabric to make it out of and everything. I told her she could make it, but I would pay her for it. She agreed, so we'll see how it turns out. I'm actually pretty excited about it. Also on Saturday night we did service for some of our investigators. I think I told you about them already. She's the one who is paralized and has the amazing daughter named Karina. Anyways, they are fixing up their house a little and so we wanted to help them! So we went over there and helped them "mud" their walls.Which was so fun! Their walls are cement and so you just  put a layer of this plaster mud stuff and then it looks so much better and after that you can paint it or do whatever else you want to.

Oh, yesterday one of our new memebers in our ward, named Vlad, got the priesthood because he just turned 12. He spoke in sacrament meeting and then got the priesthood in priestood meeting and he was so excited! He ran up to us after church and was smiling so big and was so excited to tell us that he has the priesthood now. We went to go visit them last night at their home and teach him a little lesson about how cool the priesthood is. His younger sister, Alionka, is memorizing the articles of faith right now and she has the first two down. We told her we would give her a treat for memorizing them, so we gave her some american gum, and then I taught her how to make her gum wrappers in to little people. She thought that was the best thing in the whole world! She's so cute. She turns 8 soon and can't wait to be baptized. I hope that I am still in this area so that I can see her be baptized. That would be so fun.

Well, I think that's about it. I hope you all had a great week and everything is spectacular. Spectacular, Spectacular...


Love,

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment