Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Here comes the Sun...

Courtney sure know's how to brighten a cold gloomy day.  She is doing fabulous.  Can you even believe she has been in Russia almost 2-months already?  Wow, this is going so fast!  Enjoy her letter this week.   ~Mama K

Alright, are you ready for this week? Well get ready because it was amazing. We got this new investigator named Stas. He's so cool. We met him when we were doing service at this school that teaches English. He's 24ish. He asked us one week what happened after we die because he really wanted to know. Then he left too fast after we were done and so we didn't get to talk to him. Then the next time we saw him we told them that we were helping some one quit smoking. And he said, "You know how to help people quit smoking? Can you help me?" and we said of course, so we started teaching him about Christ and everything else about the gospel and how we can overcome our sins and our addictions with the help of Christ. He is so amazing and so willing to pray and read the book of mormon. We are going to start the non-smoking program that the church has with him this week. I'll keep you updated.

So our other investigators. Marina, it's been a while since I talked about her, but she got a job finally. The only problem is is that she keeps having to work on Sundays which is bad. We had a lesson with her this week about blessings that come from keeping the commandments and talked to her about coming to church, she already had told her work that she could work yesterday, but she is going to try and not work any sundays now. I think we made her feel the spirit enough and also just guilty enough to get her to realize how much it will help her to keep the sabbath day holy. She knows it's important, so that's good. 

We went and visited some of our members this week too because Momma Kep (my companion) is leaving on FRIDAY!!! Yikes, that means I've been in Russia for more that 2 months! Time is flying by so fast and it won't even stop! Oh, and our members are starting to do more visiting teaching!!! This makes my heart leap for joy because we have too many members that are inactive and we can't visit them all, but if people just do their visiting and home teaching it helps sooo much!!! 

Man, I keep trying to think of all the funny things that happened this week because we laughed our pants off all week, but I can't remember what was so funny. Hmm... I have to take better notes next week. Well it's still freezing cold here. I don't know when it will get warm, but all I have to say is that I am so done with winter. It's too cold. And I had a peanut butter and honey sandwich last night... it was so wonderful. Well that's all. 

Love,

Sister Leavitt 

P.S. I just wanted to give you my mailing address because it turns out all the mail is going to the wrong address... so maybe those things with my pictures that I made weren't the best idea. I would love to get a letter….hint…hint!

Russia Rostov Mission
Bolshaya Sadovaya 39/4
344082
Rostove-na Donu, Russia

No comments:

Post a Comment