Friday, July 15, 2011

I can almost see it!

Sister Leavitt's emails always bring a smile to my face.  Alrhough this is a short email, it is "Power Packed".  Till next week. ~ Mamma K

Holy Moly what a week!!! It started out with having to go on another 8 hour bus ride to Rostov last Tuesday, then another 12 hour bus ride on Wednesday to get a new visa. Then on Wednesday night we got on a train and rode it all night, about 12 and a half hours, back to Volgograd, but that wasn't half bad because we got to sleep the whole way. So did I tell you about that family that just showed up at church last sunday? Well I think I did, so we got to teach them this week and they are so amazing! They have two children, one is 3 years old and one is 10 months old. Their 3 year old doesn't talk yet and they asked me questions about that after I told them what my major is, but it's one thing to be able to help children like that using the English language and a whole other story trying to do it in Russian, but I hope that I'll be able to help a little. Mostly I'm just excited to start teaching them more about the gospel. We taught them about Joseph Smith and the restoration last time and the loved it. They had questions about our church and what we are and aren't allowed to do, like everyone else they thought it was strange that we don't drink black or green tea or coffee. But I hope that over time they will gain a testimony of prophets and exercise faith to keep the commandments of the Lord. We have another investigator who is doing so well! He wants to be baptized, but he wants to pick his own date, so he's praying about it. I think that his date will be for the end of next moth, but I'll let you know. I love the work here and I am so happy to be serving with the people in Russia.

Sister Tunney and I forgot that it was the fourth of july until it was about time to go to sleep last monday night so we sang my country tis of thee and went to bed. We also made tacos for lunch today, just so you know... Well I love you!

Love,

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment