Tuesday, July 19, 2011

This Place outside of Yonkers

Yesterday I finally recieved my Mother's Day letter and Card from Sister Leavitt, she is such a FUN, amazing young lady!  Russia is so lucky to have her great spirit there to bring that JOY to the saints in Russia.  Enjoy her letter this week.  Love ~ Mamma K


So I have come to the conclusion that serving a mission is the best thing I could have ever done with my life. Everyday I wake up and there is a new adventure waiting for me. I love it! And now I have to tell you about the amazing family that we started teaching. I don't know if I told you about them last week, but I probably did, so they are amazing! There is a mom, who loves us so much! She is a young mother and loves doing all of her mom things. Then there's the dad, he works for a juice company, yeah Russians really love their juice by the way they are kind of obsessed with it, he used to come to english club when we did that here and he is so funny! Since they've been married he has had more of a desire to know about God because his wife is believing and he wanted to be also. But since he had come to english club before he knew about our church and decided to start coming. They have two kids. The oldest one is named Dasha. She is three years old and she doesn't really talk at all, but she understands that's for sure. She's a trouble maker and the last time we were there teaching them she climbed on the roof... yep TROUBLE MAKER. It made me laugh really hard though. So then they have a son named Vlad, he is 10 months old an super cute. He loves playing and grabbing everything from your hands and trying to eat everything he grabs from you... yep, just a typical 10 month old. He has the cutest smile in the whole world and he's won my heart and I kind of want to take him home with me. Things are going really well with them and I love teaching them. The kids are always just yelling and playing and being crazy, but when we teach them , the spirit is always so strong no matter what, and I love it! I will definitely be keeping you updated on them. Because they are just so amazing!!!

So this week was zone conference which means we had our mission president up here for a few days. He's funny and I really love him. I have a few funny stories to tell you this week. The first one comes from church yesterday. So I was just greeting and talking with some of the members and giving some of the women hugs and then I went and shook this guys hand, his name is Dima and he's super funny, maybe a little crazy, but he has a good heart, so when I shook his hand he gave me a hug and it was hillarious because it was one of those hugs where you're still shaking hands and then you just tap each other on the back, you know that kind? But he didn't even say anything just gave me a hug like it was nothing. Okay, that didn't come out very funny, but it was so funny when it happened that Sister Tunney couldn't help but laugh right there and we are still laughing about it actually. So the next funny story comes from last night when we went contacting. We were talking to this guy and just having a conversation when all of the sudden he just says, "you speak russian really bad." and then just stood there and looked at me and then we kept having a converstaion... it was strange and hillarious and we got his number to keep teaching him, so success. Well that's pretty much it for today, and this week. I love my life, I love russia and all of the crazy things that always happen. I Love you ALL! And most of all I love this wonderful gospel of Jesus Christ! It makes my life better in every way possible. Well peace.

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment