Monday, September 5, 2011

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum....

Oh my….never a dull moment with Sister Leavitt.  I told her to at least take time to take lots of pictures on her adventure this week.  I can’t wait to hear from her next week nowJ

I would just like to second that what Cameron said last week about his dislikes of being a missionary. Being sick is the worst thing you could wish for. It is so boring and all you want to do is go out and work, but if your mission mom finds out you did that, then you're in big trouble! Did I ever tell you about the Russian phobia of getting sick? Well, they are so afraid of getting sick. I swear they get sick more often because they're afraid of it too. It's so funny, but my health has been pretty good, so I can't complain. This week was full of the adventure that I like to call "The things that you have to do when you lose your passport in Russia." I know it's a long title, but I just couldn't put it in any other way. So now I guess I should tell you that YES I did indeed lose my passport in Russia, now I just hope that some weirdo isn't running around the whole world pretending to be me. We have had to spend a lot of time in the police stations this week because of it and that wasn't all that fun. But the police officers were nice. Last night my companion said to me, "well, now we know that if you want to have an adventure, all you have to do is lose your passport in Russia." And it's true. Oh, the police officer said that I could either live the rest of my life in Russia, or go to Moscow and get a new passport. I almost chose the living in Russia option, but then I remembered that in America we have mint oreos and Cafe Rio, and I changed my mind.

But that's that. So this week I have to go to Moscow. Last week school started in Russia and it was the craziest thing that I have ever seen! There was traffic everywhere and all of the little kids were dressed up in suits and dresses... it was so crazy!!! Also I had the opprtunity to go to a Russian Hospital, which is an experience that I never want to repeat, if I get sick while I'm here I vow that I will never go to one of those. YIKES!!!! So, our investigators are doing well, and we are still working so hard with them to get them ready to be baptized, we are also working like crazy trying to find the elect! It's so much fun! But that's all for this week. I love you and your little dog too.

Love,

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment