Wednesday, September 21, 2011

One of the Ninety and Nine

Sister Leavitt is doing well, back to work after her trip to Moscow.  She said she is now one of the “Oldest” out in her mission, and that made her realize it will be time for her to come home too soon.  She only has just over 6-months left.  Crazy how fast the time is going. Enjoy ~ Mamma K


When we walk to the bus stop on Monday mornings we pass through this little section where there are a bunch of little stores and stuff on one side and then on the other side there is an empty lot where people park there cars sometimes or just do what they want. But sometimes there is this guy there selling meat out of the trunk of his car. It's disgusting. I never know what kind of meat it is, but it always grosses me out. So I just had to tell you...  Like I said last week we were supposed to have transfers this week and I would be serving with Sister Labaron again, but of course plans changed and so we won't start serving together now until the 27th. We got to meet with our family this week and we did a lesson on eternal families. I love teaching this to people because it always brings a strong spirit and that makes me so happy. I get so happy when I think about this family getting to spend eternity together. That really is God's plan for us and when people know about it, it just makes their lives so much better! So, also we had this family history meeting this week, that was interesting and fun. I'm excited to work on family history when I get home and share the blessing of the gospel not only with those who are here on earth, but who have passed on also. We had a cool experience last night when we went looking for one of our inactive members. We had never been able to get her to answer her phone so we decided to just stop by. It took us a while to find her house and then when she opened the door she was less than thrilled that we had come. But we went in and just started getting to know her and then after a while she said, "Well, I guess since you're here we can pray together." And so we did and then after the prayer she said, "Well, I guess we can read out of the scriptures together too." So then we read out of 3 Nephi a little and talked and it turned out to be a really amazing visit for all of us and the spirit was able to teach us and bless us. I am just so happy that I am able to really be the hands of the Lord here for this time and bless the lives of his children the way he would bless them if he were here. So, things are just going well. We are planning and working hard so that we can find the people the lord has prepared to hear the gospel and things are going well. I love you all so much!

Love,

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment