Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pants! What about them? Nothing...just Pants!

She’s BACK from getting a new passport in Moscow!!!!  Glad she has those “Magical Powers” and everything went well in Moscow.  She really does brighten up a dreary week! Can you just hear her singing “Oakcrest Style” for you?  Have a great week.  ~ Mamma K J


So, this week was quite an adventure, but everything turned out so well! We ran around all week and stayed really busy and worked hard. We have been working hard with Katya and Alexander we have set a baptisimal date with them for the 22nd of October, Alexander is so ready. He rocks and keeping the commandments and praying/ reading. He has such a desire to be a better person and learn more. Yesterday we taught them about Keeping the Sabbath day Holy and he said, "oh no, I probably am a sinner then because today I worked on fixing our car." It was funny, he just understands things so well! He would be baptized tomorrow if that were possible, but we are still working with Katya, she has a harder time accepting everything, and so we are working with them to be baptized on the same day, we want it to be something that will strengthen their family, because that's what the gospel does, it strenthens families. Anyways, so they are doing great. Katya crashed their car this week though, that's why Alexander was fixing it, and so they couldn't come to chruch. Bummer.


But in other news we went to Moscow on Friday. We were only there for one day and we were able to accomplish all of our tasks and come back to Volgograd the same night. It was a surprise to us all and when our Zone leader asked how we got back so fast I said it's because I have magic powers of course! (even though Lexi thinks I don't hahaha...) So really I just know that the Lord blessed us to be able to do everything quickly so that we could be here for our investigators.


On Saturday we had music night. I didn't think that we would be going so I didn't plan anything, but then we went and the senior couple that was in charge was so happy and they put me on the program... That is why I am so grateful that I worked at Oakcrest and I just have all sorts of songs stored in my brain for situations such as these. I sang I am a Child of God Oakcrest style. They loved it and so that's all that matters. Well, that's our week. Transfers are this week. I know... they came so fast! Sister Undozjorava and I are still serving in Volgograd, but I will be serving with Sister LaBaron (yep, again! I am so excited!) and she will be serving with a mini missionary. We are excited about having 4 sisters in our area and giving our branch a little boost. Well, that's all. I love you all!

Sister Leavitt

No comments:

Post a Comment